Japanese Short Stories for Beginners
This book is recommended for A2+ level learners and Japanese beginners.
About the book:
Do you know what the hardest thing for a Japanese learner is?
Finding PROPER reading material that they can handle…which is precisely the reason we’ve written this book!
You may have found the best teacher in town or the most incredible learning app around, but if you don’t put all of that knowledge to practice, you’ll soon forget everything you’ve obtained. This is why being engaged with interesting reading material can be so essential for somebody wishing to learn a new language.
Therefore, in this book we have compiled 20 easy-to-read, compelling and fun stories that will allow you to expand your vocabulary and give you the tools to improve your grasp of the wonderful Japanese language.
How Japanese Short Stories for Beginners works:
- Each chapter possesses a funny, interesting and/or thought-provoking story based on real-life situations, allowing you to learn a bit more about the Japanese culture.
- Having trouble understanding Japanese characters? No problem – we provide you with the English translation below each paragraph, allowing you to fully grasp what you’re reading!
- The summaries follow a synopsis in Japanese and in English of what you just read, both to review the lesson and for you to see if you understood what the tale was about. Use them if you’re having trouble.
- At the end of those summaries, you will be provided with a list of the most relevant vocabulary from that chapter, as well as slang and sayings that you may not have understood at first glance! Do not get lost trying to understand or pronounce it all, either, as all of the vocabulary words are Romanized for your ease of learning!
- Finally, you’ll be provided with a set of tricky questions in Japanese, allowing you the chance to prove that you learned something in the story. Whether it’s true or false, or if you’re doing the single answer questions, don’t worry if you don’t know the answer to any – we will provide them immediately after, but no cheating!
We want you to feel comfortable while learning Japanese; after all, no language should be a barrier for you to travel around the world and expand your social circles!
So look no further! Pick up your copy of Japanese Short Stories for Beginners and level up your Japanese language skills right now!
Where to buy?
We recommend getting this book on Audible as you will get a free copy of the PDF with your audiobook so you can read and listen at the same time.
You can also purchase the Kindle and Paperback through Amazon.